Everybody makes deviled eggs and we all have our special ways. One friend of mine always adds just a hint of horse radish, for example. I like this recipe because it is really tasty and very easy.
- Mayo-I use Dukes.
- Just a little bit of pickle juice and just a dab of chopped pickles. I use dill.
- Yellow Mustard-Only use yellow. I like French’s
- As many eggs as you need.
I have not included amounts with these ingredients because we make anywhere from 6 to 6 dozen at a time. Boil the eggs hard and carefully cut in half and remove yolks. Mash the yolks with the four ingredients and fill the egg white halves. I sprinkle with a bit of paprika or dried parsley. YUM!
Cool Whip Easy Strawberry Trifle
I know, I know, Cool Whip is not really a health food. I can’t help myself sometimes. It is really good and very versatile. You can do sooo much with it. Try this and get raves but don’t tell it is so quick and easy. (I cheated a bit, it has 5 ingredients.)
- 1 package Jello instant pudding-vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk. (I know the recipe on the package calls for 2.)
- 2 cups thawed Cool Whip
- Store bought angel food or pound cake ( I like pound cake.)
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
Beat milk, 1/2 of the Cool Whip, and pudding mix and milk with a whisk for 2 minutes. Layer up in a large clear bowl starting with the cake and finish with the remaining Cool Whip. This dessert is so pretty in a clear bowl and is also very lite. (I do cheat and say this is four ingredients because I always buy the pound cake-Sorry)
Cookies From Cake Mix
This is from Hints From Heloise and she says it is one of her most requested recipes. I have done it often and my favorite is Devil’s Food cake mix.
- One box of cake mix-any kind you like
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil-I use canola oil as it does not have an oil flavor
That’s it! Preheat oven to 350 and mix only these ingredients in a bowl. Do NOT add any of the cake mix items. Drop the batter by spoonful onto your ungreased cookie sheet about 2 1/2 inches apart. The cookies do spread a bit. Bake 8 to 10 minutes but Heloise says keep an eye on them because they brown quickly. I watch the edges. They can be stored in a tupperware or the like container and freeze nicely!
Boy, thanks for all of the comments about the Four ingredient Recipes. I will start to post more today!!
I love quesadillas because there is really no recipe. All you need is two of any type of tortilla. I use the 8 inch flour but others prefer the big spinach or herb variety. It really doesn’t matter at all.
I start with a frying pan and a little canola oil-just enough to make the pan shine. I put in a dab and swirl the pan with a paper towel, but then I try to use very little oil. Put one tortilla in the warm pan and sprinkle whatever filling you like. I like cheese and olives. My family likes ham and swiss. My grandson likes TUNA!!! Anyway, put the other tortilla on top and press with a spatula until it seems warm. Flip and continue to heat until heated through. Serve with chips and salsa. This is the world’s easiest dinner and each person can have just what they want!
Often it is really hard to buy just that right granola bar that does not have too many calories, too much fat, or -ouch-cost $3.50!! I also do not like many of the granola bar recipes that call for exotic ingredients and take forever to make/bake and then turn out to be ugh. We all have a favorite granola cereal, so let’s cut out the middle man as i say so often. Let’s do it ourselves Yes, a DIY granola bar.
2 cups of your favorite granola cereal-Oh, did I just say YOUR favorite? Why yes, I did!
That’s it. Just combine cereal and eggs and pour into a greased 8 inch square pan. BTY you can see that is is easy to make more-just keep doubling the recipe two for two. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes and seperate edges from the pan and cut into bars while still warm. I like to put a bit of honey on these bars or some jam. My grandson likes peanut butter and my husband likes them just plain. Enjoy!
November is often chilly and as it is today as I post these recipes, quite warm. We had a week of temperatures in the 40degree range, and today and for the next three days it will be between 70 and 74! Anyway, here are 30 days of Fall recipes that are easy to add too and modify and are also obviously, interchangeable.
- Potato Leek Soup with Kings Bread Rolls (Also try Bisque of Tomato)
- Burrito (Any meat, cheese, tomato, lettuce. Also easy vegetarian. Serve with salsa and chips
- Quiche-Any cheeses, any chopped veg., mushrooms, etc. Buy a pie crust!
- French Toast and Sausage (Veg sausage recommended: Morning Star Farms) Also, this can be a French Toast Bake, see the WEB for recipes.
- Impossible Cheeseburger Pie-There are tons of Impossible Pie types of recipes on the Bisquick site. Yum!
- Fish-Any kind, I love salmon or cod.
- Any pasta-I like baked rigatoni or linguine with meat balls. Veggie meat balls are super-I like Quorn.
- Grilled Vegetables=Toss any veg in a large bowl with olive oil, S and P, and a little garlic powder (not salt) and roast on a sheet pan.
- Chili, Chips, Salsa and a Green Salad
- Green Salad with Grilled Chicken (Veg, I like a Quorn Cutlet) AKA Chicken Cesar Salad
- Burgers and Fries, (Veg. I like Morning Star Farms any variety!)
- Vegetable Stew-Add meat if you must
- Baked Beans with Corn Bread-I make the Jiffy Corn Muffins
- Chicken Nuggets and Roasted Potato Wedges-Add any veg
- Shepherds Pie Topped with Mashed Potatoes
- Egg and Bacon Burrito
- Baked Potato with any additives-Cheesy broccoli, Sour Cream, leftover chili etc…
- Any Stir Fry
- Tacos or a Taco Pie
- Snack plate-Cold Cuts, Cheeses, Breads to dip in olive oil, raw veggies, any dip you like with chips or pita chips, etc…
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with the classic tomato soup
- Lasagna (Use veg. sausage or ground beef)
- Pancakes and Bacon-One of my very favorite suppers!
- Big Meat and Veg Salad (Like a chef’s salad)
- Quesadilla Filled With Anything
- Curry-You can make curry out of anything believe me.
- Ham, 27. Ham, 28. Ham, 29. Ham-You can do Anything with ham
Any and all of these recipes are expandable, changeable, and repeatable.
I have had a couple of requests for more Four Ingredient Recipes. Any more interest??? I have quite a few more to share?? Let Me Know!
As promised, here are a few more of the Four Ingredient Recipes from the book by Linda Coffee and Emily Cale. I have made a few additions and I hope you always do the same to modify recipes to your own personal taste.
Marinated Vegetable Salad
- 2 cps. broken up cauliflower
- 2 cps. broken up or chopped broccoli pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Italian dressing to taste
- If you want pasta salad, simply add 2 cps of cooked pasta-your choice. I use the little swirls.
Meat and Bean Casserole
This is quick and easy and I use Morning Star Farms Ground Beef Crumbles
- 1/2 pound beef crumbles
- 1/2 cup chopped onion-I chop it very fine
- 16 oz (2 small or one large) cans of baked beans. I use the 16 oz. Bush’s Vegetarian fat free baked beans-yummy!
- 1/4 cup catsup
- Brown meat in a skillet and add onion and cook til tender. Add beans and catsup and heat through. Yes, this is really quite good!