Believe this or not, I had a Facebook friend tell me, after I went to all of the trouble to find so MANY great egg recipes for breakfast, that she actually hates eggs. While I do not personally know a bunch of egg haters, I am prepared to acknowledge that they do exist and I am up to the challenge. Check out these “Not Eggs” yummy things to have for breakfast. Remember also, breakfast is good any time of the day-we don’t judge!
- Pancakes with blueberries, chocolate chips, strawberries, wrapped around a sausage or pieces of bacon or go bold and wrap a pancake around a slice of ham or even bolder-smoked salmon.
- Biscuits- Too many recipes to count and that is not even mentioning the ones that come in the ever so hard to open tube. My personal favorite is Bisquick rolled not dropped.
- Another personal favorite is OVERNIGHT OATS. There are so many variations on this popular dish that can also easily be taken along for lunch or snack. Just one idea: In your carry container put a packet of apple/cinnamon instant oatmeal. Spoon a layer of apple cinnamon yogurt next. Drizzle about 3 tablespoons of honey. Add a chopped apple. Sprinkle chopped walnuts on top. Put in the fridge overnight and enjoy the next morning. This works with blueberry, strawberry, or literally anything YOU like.
- Just good old oatmeal. I like it with honey and walnuts or chopped apple and walnut. If you are seeing a pattern here with the walnuts, you are right.
- Finally, but in actual fact there are many more, how about anything on toast. Also, anything on anything. I like english muffins, a bagel, any kind of bead, like cinamon swirl, wheat toast, Naan bread etc. and top with avocado, jam, tomato and cheese, peanut butter, etc.
Breakfast your way-egg haters now have no excuse. Oh, did I mention smoothies??