I love the sun and wake as often as I can to see it rise and I must say that I have very seldom been disappointed in the beauty of a new day. For many people their goal is to rise as well. Growing, gaining, and living large are all good goals, don’t get me wrong. I am frequently reminded though of a saying from Lao Tzu an ancient Chinese follower of the Zen path. He said that we rise together. He also said, and this is one of my “words to live by” sayings, We Rise By Lifting Others. Think about that next time a friend needs your help or you can share a kind word with someone who needs to hear it.
Surround yourself with lovely things. Why not? Yes, even your kitchen can be a place of beauty and you can fill your “heart of the home” with things that are not only good to eat, see edible flowers above, but are lovely as well.
What the heck is a Tacosaurus you may ask? Well, it is a word that I overheard a child use in a Mexican restaurant the other day and it means someone who loves all tacos. You can put pretty much anything in a taco and still have it be really great, so I thought I would make a couple of suggestions for those among us who are not yet in to the joys of taco life!
- Use any kind or size tortilla-flour, corn, spinach, herb, etc. Large or small makes no difference. Some purists may call a taco made with a big tortilla a burrito, but it is NOT. If you fold the tortilla in half instead of doing any sort of wrap, it is a TACO! Also soft tacos are not fried and crispy tacos are.
- I always start with lettuce, chopped tomato, and grated cheese. I like cheddar, but any kind will do.
- Beans are a must-Refried, vegetarian or regular, the difference being that regular are made with lard and vegetarian are not. Black beans are good, and so are kidney beans. Pinto beans work too.
- Now for the fun-your favorite fillings. I love shrimp, any kind of fish, soy ground beef, or QUORN shredded chicken. I also really like deviled egg filling. Non-veg people love ground beef, steak, chicken, pulled pork, and chopped ham.
The most outrageous taco I ever saw had pork and beans and chopped hot dogs. Anyway, you get the idea, right. Make it yummy and customize to taste-Be creative!
PS Don’t forget guacamole on top!
- My Kitchen, My Way
- Don’t You Dare Touch Those Cookies
- If I clap My Hands, Little Puff of Flour Float Up!
- Romain Calm and Carrot On (Vegetarian?)
- Making Pie Dough Is A Lost Art
- All I want To Do Is Bake Stuff And Watch Movies
- Trust Me-If I Made It, It Tastes Great!
- That Toast Is NOT Burned. Black Is the New Brown In Toast World
Ok, I JUST read the latest research on coffee in the medical section of Readers Digest. The science on coffee has been all over the place, and now the latest thinking is that there are many health benefits to coffee. Recommended intake-No more than 3 cups. If you are a big coffee drinker, think about it and check out some of the research and maybe consider a cup of decaf instead of that fourth cup.
Okay, so you are not going to believe this, but some mean, horrible person actually sent pornography to my comment section. Why in the world do people do this? People who want/need that kind of thing certainly would not come to a BLOG that deals with health, insight, and decor, would they? Am I missing something? I guess I just don’t get it. Don’t do that any more-OK?
- “This Year I am giving my opinion instead of gifts-Interested?”
2. “Which part of the Bible explains how to change water into wine? Asking for a friend!”
3. “You know you are old when you go to an antique show and people start to bid on you!”
4. “I Read-I Know Things.”
5. “Irony-The Complete Opposite of Wrinkly.”
These are great-Send me some more!!
Some cat lovers complained about all of the “Dog” quotes so here are a few “Cat” slogans to make up for it.
A Good Book, A Cat On My Lap, Life Is Sweet!
Real men can and do love cats.
No, I am not shedding, it’s my cat.
If the earth was actually flat, cats would have pushed everything off of it by now, right?
Keep the T-shirt fun going. Love it!