Sometimes something old makes a comeback and that is what happended to me. No, I did not get any younger, but I discovered, in a used book shop, one of those recipe books that have a certain number of ingredients.
This is a four ingredient book and I am passing on some of the recipes because this is something a bit different. Most recipes with a limited number of ingredients use packaged mixes and count that as an ingredient and that does not seem quite fair to me. This book, by Linda Coffee and Emily Cale, is not like that. It does not cop out. In fact, I found it quite clever. See what you think as I share a few recipes.
- 1 cp grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 1/4 cp. flour
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Mix all ingredients and form a long roll. Slice into 1/4 inch rounds when ready to bake and cook 5 minutes at 400 degrees. this was great and the hardest part was making the rolls which took about 5 minutes.
Vienna Cocktail Sausages
- 2/3 cup yellow mustard
- 1 cup any type of jelly
- Vienna sausages or any type of cocktail wennie
- Add all of this to a Fondue pot and warm. Dip the wennies with wooden skewers or tooth picks. This is so easy and it is fun at a party and a yummy hit.
Strawberry Yogurt Pie
- 2 cps strawberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 8 oz. carton of Cool Whip thawed
- Graham cracker crust
- Combine strawberry preserve and yogurt in bowl and fold in Cool Whip. Pour into crust and freeze. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving. This is really good!
All of these recipes are great and soooo easy. I will add more in the nest few days. Stay tuned!