More recipes from my old (1968) cookbook find-yes, at a thrift shop!
Okay, who did not have Tuna Casserole at least once a week in college, or am I really dating myself??
- 1 can of tuna-These days I use water packed, chunk. (Drained)
- 1 can of mushroom soup-Branch out if you dare: cream of broccoli, potato, or if you eat meat, cream of chicken!
- 1/2 of the soup can filled with milk. I do not use the whole can as the recipe calls for, I like mine a bit thicker. Use your own taste buds for this.
- 1 box pasta swirls-We used whatever pasta was on sale when I went to college. Don’t use too much pasta though.
- 2 cups grated cheese. I like cheddar. (Use less cheese if you want/or no cheese)
- Some people like to add peas or some other veggie to this recipe, I do not. A tuna casserole is a carb bomb. Let it be!
- Potato chips-Or any cracker you like, but remember that potato chips are the classic.
Cook pasta and add everything else except cheese and chips. Sprinkle with cheese and potato chips. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.