So here I am with my empty plate at the church potluck and I spy what I thought were those yummy spinach balls. I grab a few and pop one in my mouth before I even sit down. UGH!! It is full of sausage. Okay, so that is not a disaster for everybody, but I have not eaten meat for over 30 years and I love my vegetarian, plant based life. Just in case YOU might want a REAL spinach ball, I thought I would share the REAL recipe:
- Big (10 oz.) package of frozen chopped spinach, cooked. (Really drain it well)
- One cup of seasoned not chicken or pork etc. stuffing mix. Get the herb seasoned stuffing mix or make your own out of bread crumbs or Panko.
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese. I just use the kind in the plastic jar since this is cooked.
- 3 beaten eggs
- A bit of the green part of an onion fine chopped-or not. You may not like this.
- 4 Tablespoons marg. melted in the microwave
- Combine all ingredients making sure your spinach is nearly dry. Roll into the size of small meatballs. (Ha, Ha, No Meat!) Bake on an ungreased coolie sheet for about 10 minutes at 350.
PS You can freeze these for an appetizer or whatever but take them out and cook from frozen for about 20 minutes at the same 350. These are really easy and very healthy and yummy.