I keep a chart in my bathroom with 10 items on it. They are all “first thing in the morning” things that I do each and every day. Try it and you will see that it is simple to develop this very healthy and easy check list into a habit. The trick is to find 10 or your own number, of healthy things that you think you can realistically DO not 120 things that you WISH you could do. Try these:
- Weigh, record your weight in your ever handy little notebook.
- Exercise 5 minutes-only try for that to be sure to succeed. If you say 1/2 hour you are sure to NOT make it-Don’t ask me how I know this. I have my elastic band, my 1 lb. weights, my egg timer, a couple of lists of good moves, and a DVD that I can play just by punching the button. I am all set, every day with this little area and supply of stuff.
- Brush your teeth and drink a sip of water.
- Shower (Not everybody likes to shower every morning. I do not. Instead I wash my face with a rough cloth and warm water.)
- Moisturize face with your fav. I love OLAY Regenerist. Put on body lotion. I do not have a fav here. I usually buy what is on sale at Walmart. I have made some real finds this way!
- Sit down for a minute and meditate quietly on your day and what you hope to achieve or share.
- Dress accordingly (I really enjoy this part of my morning. I like to pick out what I am going to wear even if it is jeans and a T-shirt to clean house.
- Make the bed. I hope you have a couple of cute pillows too. They can cheer up a down day sometimes.
- Do a quick bedroom tidy.
- Do a q2uick bathroom tidy
All of this, and or your additions or deductions should be done in about 10 or so minutes. I know moms or early workers may squeeze this a bit and that is okay. Since I have retired I can stretch it as my day is laid out. Suit yourself and of course, modify!!