Two things came together for me this Christmas and what a hit. I got a cookbook called “The One Peaceful World Cookbook” and I got a box of Harry and David pears. This is my own recipe but their picture and idea, so give it a try. It fits the quick, easy, and delicious criteria!! This recipe is so easy and has so few ingredients I am almost embarrassed to share it, except that I use it so often with huge success!
Pears, apple juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, corn starch, red wine (optional)
- Peel and slice the number of pears you need for your number of people. I guessed at 1 pear per person and we could have had more.
- Simply place the sliced, peeled pears in sweet (not the unsweetened kind) apple juice and add a little cinnamon, a dash of nutmeg, and a little splash of red wine.
- The pears should not be completely covered by the juice as you will toss them a couple of times in the cooking process.
- Bake the pears at 350 until pretty soft-to your taste. Toss a few times in the process to be sure all of the slices are kept moist.
- Remove the pears to the dish you will use to serve then thicken the sauce with whatever you like. I use a bit of corn starch. Pour the sauce over the pears and serve either by themselves, with whipped cream, ice cream etc. Yum, Yum
PS-This is NOT just for dessert!!